Mar 11, 2005

Now, I know.

I wrote before how people are looking at me funny while I stand in the corner waiting for M's school bus. Now, I know why.

A couple of days ago, while waiting for M, there was a car who was driving by me ever so slowly. I have been started not looking at cars anymore, so I didn't pay attention to it, until it almost fully stopped in front of me. I looked up and the driver was frantically waving at me. Oh, it's my landlady, smiled, and waved to her, too.

Yesterday, the landlady came by to give us a package that came in for us.

LL: So, do you drink?
Me: Huh?
LL: Oh, that wasn't you that I saw yesterday?
Me: At the corner, yeah, that was me.
LL: I thought you just came out of the pub.


By now, I'm really confused. And then, I realized, Oh yeah, the pub is at the corner.

Me: Oh... No, I was just waiting for my daughter. That's her bus stop.
LL: I was just thinking, that you got around fast. I haven't been to that pub since we moved here.


Which made me think, maybe that's why people are looking at me funny. They think I just came out of pub AT 3 PM.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice blog..wish i could make one like that too..keep it! very memorable..SP

mitzi said...

thanks