Mar 4, 2005

It started snowing while M and I were waiting for the school bus.

It's 8:56 now and it's still going and it doesn't look like it's not going to stop anytime soon. Big deal right, some people might have a blizzard going on right now but the thing is I've wished and wished for snow since January and although we finally got snow last week, it never stayed long enough for M to play with it. This looks promising. I just hope that more will come and stay overnight so she can play with it tomorrow in the morning before her karate class.

The bus stop. It's not a bus stop, it's a T-intersection and since the bus stops there, it is, therefore, a bus stop. Our village lies in the middle of 8 other town/village so that intersection is pretty busy. In the morning, I don't feel such a weirdo standing in the corner but in the afternoon, I feel so weird. I stand in the corner in front of the pub under the sign. I see people driving by and looking at me strangely and no, it's not paranoia in my part, they do look at me funny. I wish there was some other person standing there with me waiting for their kid but no, it's just me. I counted cars yesterday while waiting for M, in 7 minutes, there were 35 cars/bus/trucks that passed.

I have memorized the regulars in the intersection, too. Shuttle van #51, then Mildenhall bus, then Brandon bus, the Evening News van, Bus #46, and finally M's bus. Oh, forgot, there's that old lady with her dog, too. We'd exchange a line or so.

Since our house lies in the outskirt of the village, I have to drive M to the bus stop, it takes me 3 to 5 minutes to reach it. No, I'm not lazy, we just can't walk because #1 - our road has a national speed limit which is 60 mph, #2 - that road doesn't have a sidewalk and although I see people walking (twice now since we moved) I am not putting my child in a possible accident, and #3 - although it takes me 3 minutes to drive there, it would probably take me 20 minutes to walk to the bus stop.

It's 9:14 now and it stopped snowing, i hope it's not going to melt, I doubt it.

No comments: