Mar 10, 2005

I am a good driver.

Really, I am! It's the parking that's a problem. I can't do parallel parking. After, maybe 10 reverses & forwards, I'd get the vehicle in the spot. But, I try to avoid it. Think about it, where do you usually need to parallel park? In the street. So, if you were the car behind me as I'm trying to parallel park. You'd probably cuss me to hell.

Here's my newest parking dilemma. Our house's garage is bay-style. And every car length there's a post. I would usually pull in. Once, I thought I'd back in. Checked my left side view mirror, I see the post and I have a lot of room. Checked the right side view mirror, and same thing. Checked my rear view mirror, "What the... Why is that post in the middle of the car??" Did the left & right mirror check again, and thought, yeah I have enough room. Looked in my rear view mirror, that deng post is still in the middle.

By now, G, who was waiting in the other car for me to park so he can park, is looking at me like, what ARE you doing? I shrugged with this really confused look in my face. He got out of the car and started laughing. He then said, get out of the car. I got out of the car and this is what I saw:




There really was a post in the middle and that's why I have a lot of room on both sides. Stuck my tongue out at G and said, "You park it." HMPH!

But, the really embarrasing parking moment that I have was when I went to the insurance company to report an accident. There was a question where it goes, "At the moment of impact, what was the speed of your vehicle?" And I said 2 mph. The interviewer gave me a HUH! look and I said, yeah, I was trying to park and I hit a parked car. And then, they asked me to draw the accident:

No comments: