Mar 8, 2005

I love to travel.

When we found out that we will be stationed here, I bought myself a Europe Travel Guide. I have a list of the countries I want to see. France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium & Luxemberg.

Our plan was for the first year, we'll travel around UK first and then for the 2nd & 3rd year, other european countries. We've explored England & Wales, I can even say I've been to the most southern & most western point of England, also I've been to the highest peak of UK where you can see the 5 kingdoms. But really when we were there, all we saw was the mists of Avalon. We're planning to visit Scotland & Northern Ireland this year and fingers crossed, Guernsey Island, any one of the Channel Island.

With how things are going, it looks like we won't be able to visit all the countries that I want to see after all. But, I still have hope. G wants to go cross-country in the Land Rover. We're thinking of doing this, April or May 2006. Take a whole month off and just drive all over Europe. Well, not all over, but hopefully we'll hit all the countries I listed above.

Lastly, we're hoping that we'll get another European base for our next station. Ideally, we'd like Italy but chances of us getting that are slim, we have a better chance of getting Germany, so that's what we're shooting for. If that happens, I will definitely get to see all of them.

I have one problem, I have this thing. I want to have a tattoo for every country I've been. I have 2 right now. One around my ring finger and pegasus on my upper left thigh. I'm still thinking about the England tattoo but I have a France tattoo in my mind, a small purple heart on my right inner wrist. So, if I do get to visit all these countries, I will end up with 10 tattoos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how would you like to come over here. It is a very interesting place.And, you will learn their language too! But please, no more tattoo!