Apr 19, 2005

I had a dream last night.

I dreamt that I was writing something but I can't seem to recall what the dream was about. I read somewhere that some people would actually have a pen and paper by their side so that when they do dream about something, they write it down so as not to forget the dream.

I've also seen this documentary about this man who wrote an entire novel based on his dream. It didn't happen overnight, it was a series of dreams, I guess. I just remembered the novel, it was Dr. Hyde and Mr. Jekyll.

And speaking of documentaries, I was watching this one about the American Spelling Bee. There was this girl and I forgot her word but as soon as she heard her word her eyes starts welling up. You can tell, theat she doesn't know the word. And the harder she thinks of the word the more she looks like she's about to cry. By the time she was spelling she was crying. Not sob-cry but more like tears-streaming-down-her-face type. I felt so sorry for her. Just looking at her gave me an idea of the tension inside her. She wants to get the word right so bad. She got that word right but later on she got disqualified. I wanted her to win so bad.

Another thing that made me feel so sorry for her was while the other contestants flew in to Washington with their family and staying at a hotel, she just took the subway to get to the venue by herself. How sad is that?

No comments: