Apr 21, 2005

Being a parent, I've always thought that I won't push M, that I will not project onto her my frustrations. But, sometimes I wish my mom did push me, piano lessons, dance and tennis. I remembered my cousin, she would be playing the piano while the rest of us were out playing and I never thought about her missing out on childhood and I never thought to ask my mom if I could have piano lessons but I didn't and so now here I am wishing I did.

So, for M, I thought that I would show her what's out there and if she wants to do it, well and good but if she doesn't, she doesn't. Right? But how much motivation is enough motivation. Or I should say, when does motivation stop and pushing begins? It seems a very thin line to me. She's been saying she wants to quit gymnastics and I said after this month you can stop. But, I still keep asking her if she's sure she wants to quit. Seems like a shame if she should stop now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish i can share you my experiences as a mother,pity i cannot, we are childless! Nevertheless, i am pretty sure, you are a good mother to her. Just do not push too much!

mitzi said...

Thanks. I'm trying my best to be a good mother to her.