Apr 8, 2005

I found this website. It's like a support group for SHEs (Side-tracked Home Executive) like me. It's pretty interesting. If you sign up with their group, you get this reminders of things that needs to be done, i.e. where's your laundry. I admit, I'm a procastinator. And the biggest thing that side-tracks me is the computer, so now, when I'm messing about the computer, I get these reminders.

Among other things, it asks you to make a before bedtime routine and morning routine. The one important thing in the before bedtime routine is to shine your sink. I've been doing that for 3 nights now and it really does make a lot of difference to the kitchen. My kitchen looks immaculate. (Well, half of my kitchen, the half that is visible from the living room.) Plus, the other day, when M got home from school, she said, Wow! This looks really nice. Even G is making an effort not to mess up the kitchen, and I didn't have to ask him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, how do you shine the sink?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog and had to comment because I too am a Flybaby! Isn't it wonderful!

mitzi said...

mone: first you have to clean the sink and then dry it, (no water marks). The trick to make it really shiny, use windex or lemon oil. I use lemon oil cause I hate windex smell.

erin: yeah, it's great. I'm only 5 days in and I see changes. I do tend to smile when I see my shiny sink. =)