Jun 19, 2005

M and I went to watch The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants today.

We got to the movie house 30 minutes early and it was dead. I began to think I must have read the day or time wrong but there it was up on the marquee. So, I got it right.

Got to the ticket booth and asked, "Is it that bad?" and she laughed and said, "No, I think it's just such a nice day." (It got up all the way to 78 degrees. I don't know what it is about here but 78 just feels like 90.) She added that it was cute from the little that she saw yesterday.

Then, we got our popcorn and drink and the guy behind the counter said, "From the look of things, you guys will have a private screening." I was like, "NO WAY! Nobody's in there?" And, yep, nobody was in the movie house, just me and M. So we chose the very center of the movie house to sit in. I know it's the middle cause I even counted seats.

But, it didn't turn out to be a private screening. 3 girls showed up. Then a father and a daughter. I wonder if it was the daughter's treat, today being father's day. So, the final head count was a grand total of 19! I kid you not.

The movie was OK. It was cute, not in the teeny-bopper sense. It was like a coming of age type movie. I didn't like Carmen, though, she's such a whiner. And there were a couple of tender moments but not enough to make me cry. I would recommend this movie as a "wait for the DVD to come out".

No comments: