Jun 7, 2005

chatty

Maybe it's because I miss adult conversation.

I find myself responding to small talks that I absolutely hate. It used to be just hi and hello, how's it going, see you later but now it has evolved into a full conversation.

I found out that Austin, Megan's classmate is moving to Georgia soon. So is Ryan. His mom is a Filipina who I've said hello to since we moved here and now she has invited us to her other son, Nicholas' birthday party on 25th of June. They will be going to Texas on August.

My grocery boy/bagger is going on a paintball thingie over the weekend at Thetford. It costs 10 GBP per person and he said it's really fun and I should try it sometime.

Things like this never happen to me. I'm not a friendly person, I'm almost a snob. I guess, the only thing that stops me from being categorized as a snob is I DO smile. Mom, on the other hand, is exactly opposite. She'd be anywhere, just give her 5 minutes and she can befriend anyone. Up to a point that after their chat, she'd be able to tell you the history of that person. And sometimes, mom would say, yeah, that's my cousin or we're related by however many degrees.

Maybe, I'm turning into my mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together.- Shakespeare

Anonymous said...

that's my life at the bank. everybody likes to chit chat. i've mastered the "weather" conversation already.