Jun 18, 2005

I started writing about a story I know but changed my mind. It's not my story and since it's too personal, I think I shouldn't write about it.

So, now, I don't have anything to post. The weather's nice. Finally. And, I read this book but that's about it. I could write something from the past since absolutely nothing worthy of posting is happening right now. But...

I know, where would I rather be right this minute. The weather is nice as I was saying, the sun is out, the sky is blue. Just a couple of clouds here and there. Makes me think of the beach. That's where I would rather be right now! The Beach. If I could, I'd go to Punta Linaw and just doze under a coconut tree and feel the breeze and hear the gentle lapping of the waves and taste the salt in the air. I can hear the voices of my cousins playing around me and aunts getting lunch ready and uncles getting drunk. I smell lechon. What I would pay for a bite of the crispy lechon skin. Or kinilaw. Or kilawin. While drinking out of a coca-cola bottle! Wait! I'm way past legal age now, I can ask for a San Mig light.

I absolutely love San Mig Light. I used to drink like a fish. Ask any of my friends, I could outdrink any of them. After my pregnancy, I became a social drinker. I thought I finally got over my drinking, (The truth was, I was beginning to think I was becoming an alcoholic, an aunt of mine said, it seems to run in our family), but in Davao, I realized I could still drink like a fish. I just didn't have anybody to drink with. It's no fun drinking alone. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT miss the throbbing headache in the morning or that dry throat or the unquenchable thirst or even that yucky feel in your tummy the day after. Like absolutely every food is gonna make you puke. I hate the "I wish the ground would stop moving for JUST a second" or "I think, I'm gonna have to sleep on the floor".

But, I do love that state where you feel the "buzz" and you can't help smiling or laughing even though nothing is funny and the only thing that is actually funny is that silly grin in your face. Or when you can't stop giggling over some lame joke.

Oh, man. Here I go again, reminiscing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ach, if only i could fly.. i will fly to the skies.. to feel and see the World! Finally, to fly home!