Jun 22, 2005

Airports Part III

I think M had a premonition that this will happen. When I was briefing her that it will be just me and her going to Davao, she asked "where are we gonna sleep?". I explained that we'll sleep on the plane and not to worry what happened the last time was just an unfortunate event. Was I wrong.

We checked in and the lady behind the counter said something like, here's your boarding pass, you'll be boarding at gate #, you'll be arriving at Amsterdam at 6 PM and continuing on to Manila the day after at 7 PM. I said, "No, not the day after, tonight." I showed her my E-ticket. She looked it up again and said, "I'm sorry ma'am but there is no flight for Manila tonight. We have you booked tomorrow night." I am not willing to move away from the counter, "Are you sure?" She looked it up again and no luck. She suggested that we talk to the ticket counter and they might be able to help me.

So, we got to the ticket counter, explained my situation, she said the only thing she can do for me is to rebook my flight to Amsterdam for tomorrow afternoon. This would have worked except G is also leaving for the states in the early hours of the morning and I still have to pay the rebooking fee or whatever so we decided to not change anything. The ticket person goes, I'm sorry but somebody has taken your spot. I'm like, "WHAT!!!" She goes, I can get you in in an earlier flight. So now, instead of the 25 hours lay-over, it's now 26 hours.


9 Dec 04

1:39 PM

In an event you get stuck in the airport, things to do:

  1. shop
  2. eat
  3. sleep
  4. shop
  5. eat
  6. read
  7. shop
  8. shower
  9. eat
  10. write

Must have:

  1. toothbrush
  2. toothpaste
  3. lotion
  4. underwear
  5. socks (during the cold months)
  6. stuffed toy
  7. chapstix
  8. comb/brush
  9. MONEY

Been sitting here in the airport for 22 hours. I should include Holland on my list of countries visited. Too bad, it's foggy. Can't see anything looking out the window. I don't know how else to kill time without spending money. At least Megan's having loads of fun. I just wish I have something else to do. Maybe a laptop, a game boy or even a book. But, I don't want to buy another book.

I've been looking at this Aqua Massage for I don't know how many hours and I want to try it but I think to myself, I'll just wait until I get to Davao, chances are the price for 10 minutes is the Aqua Massage is enough for the whole spa treatment.

5:30 PM

Sitting at the food court, people-watching. Almost everybody has a cell phone/mobile. The lady in fornt of me withe her dyed hed hair is texting while reading a magazine. The Japanese tourists have on them their fancy ones. The 2 businessmen in their suits are talking away in their's. It's funny how sometimes the ring tone does not match the owner. It's not ringing to the default tone so obviously they changed it to something they like. Like this big burly man's ring tone is "The Entertainer".

Been staring at this chair for 2 hours decided to sketch it!

PS

Wish I had the camera with me. There's a bird inside the airport. It looks like it lives here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi xie, As you are probably aware, there are so many junk filled blogs. As I was searching for own product related information today, it was a nice break from the 'usual' to come across your blog. I am happy I searched for own product related ideas today. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello xie, I hope you don't mind me posting a quick note on your blog, would you be looking to book a
Cheap Flight, Car Rental or a Cruise soon? if so try this site Click Here Hotels, Airport Parking and much more are available.