Dec 27, 2005

so spooky...

I'm here upstairs surfing the net, M is sound asleep, & G is at work. I hear something coming from downstairs. It sounds like the DVD player is on. I thought to myself, did M wake up? No. Did G got home early? No. I went downstairs and the DVD player is on. I wonder if this house is haunted.

A few months ago, they unearthed 5 skeletons in an area not very far from where we live, about a 5-minute walk. They said it was about 4,000 years old! Shortly after that, other stories started circulating around. I know this 2 cleaning ladies who work at the high school building and they both swear that it is haunted. Strange noises would be heard in the middle of the night, like doors banging & all that other creepy stuff.

Apparently, the older houses in our area have this weird thing. The attic door would suddenly open by themselves. And they tend to do that during stormy weather when the wind is blowing outside, perfect for a night of haunting.

Why is it that in horror movies, they always feature a rickety old porch swing slowly creaking thru & fro in the middle of the night while a leafless branch taps the upstairs window.

I hope I can sleep tonight.

No comments: