Dec 17, 2005

monay

Well, I did clean-up M's room and I did try to bake pan de sal yesterday.

And I got monay instead. So, now I know how to make monay.

Ingredients

2 packets rapid yeast
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup warm (100 - 110 degrees) water
2 tbsp vegetable oil

1. Add 2 packets of yeast & 1 tbsp sugar into the warm. Stir until dissolved. Let stand for 10 minutes. The yeast mixture will become foamy the same consistency that of hair mousse.

2. Add remaining sugar, vegetable oil, salt & 1 cup flour. Mix. Add remaining 1 cup flour. Mix again. At this point, the dough becomes difficult to mix and somewhat flaky.

3. Knead. It took me about 30 minutes hard-core kneading to get the dough somewhat soft & supple.

4. Place dough In a lightly greased bowl, turn the dough to get the other side greased. Cover with damp towel and let stand for 1 hour in a warm place. If using oven, towel needs to be borderline damp/wet.

5. After an hour, the dough will rise but the volume is not about double of the original size. Divide into two. Roll to a log & cut into smaller pieces. The dough, at this point, feels fluffy (I don't know how else to describe it.) Ball smaller pieces of dough.

6. Bake at 325 or maybe it's 350 (my oven is weird) for 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

°°°°HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS°°°