Aug 10, 2005

What to write when you have nothing to write about?

Random thoughts... A friend from Mapua sent me a song, Circle by Edie Brickell. We love this song. D, J, W, and me. 1988. That seems like a long time ago yet it feels just like yesterday. When, after school, we'll jump into W's ride and go to Makati most likely and just hang out or play billiards. Or just chill at "up-up", what we called the Intramuros Wall. Looking back, life was so easy but during that time, we were so angst-ridden. Feels like the whole world is against us. What with school getting in the way of our chilling out. Or parents, aunt in my case, not understanding how tremendously important it was for us to be together 24/7. And then, we have to worry about things such as reports and exams.

We had this discussion once. About why parents are the way they are. Didn't they went through what we're going through? Why is it so hard to understand? Somebody said that they won't do whatever injustice it was that we felt were being done to us. Somebody else said something like, "It's easy to say that now but who knows what will happen when we get older." We'll probably end up doing exactly what our parents did. So, we vowed to meet again in the future, when we have our own family and our kids are at their teens and see if somebody turned out to be their parent.

We set the date and the place. It will be 5 years from now. I wonder, who will show up?


And being alone
is the best way to be.
When I'm by myself it's
the best way to be.
When I'm all alone it's
the best way to be.
When I'm by myself
nobody else can say goodbye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm liking the lyrics to that song...sounds vaguely familiar.

Anonymous said...

i thought 2008. are you going?

mitzi said...

mone, 2/10/2010... i'm planning on it but who knows. Sarah, she has this other song which is more popular, "What I am" -- the one that goes, "I am aware of too many things, I know what I am if you know what I mean". I wish I could post the song here but I don't know how to. =(