Aug 17, 2005

leche flan

I love food.

Mom and I are making leche flan. Yummy and soooo easy to make. For my fellow frustrated cooks, the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 dozen large eggs
1 medium can condensed milk
1 medium can evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract.
brown sugar
lime

1. Seperate the yolk from the white. MIx in condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract with the yolk.
2. Mix water and brown sugar in the "lanera" (in my case, tin foil pie pan). In medium heat, let sugar mixture boil. In other words, carmelize brown sugar.
3. When sugar mixture is cool, add the egg mixture. (Argh! I forgot the term) Finely grate (I just wrote in grate and G corrected me -- "finely grate") some lemon skin on top.
4. In a double boiler, boil water. (Since I don't have a double boiler, I just use my wok, put a small bowl and voila, I have a double boiler). Steam the mixture for 15 minutes.

To serve, put a plate on top of the pan and in a quick motion turn the pan over, catching the flan with the plate. (Hmmm, I hope I explained that right or else you'll be moping the floor.)

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love leche flan!

Anonymous said...

wow,thanks...i will try it! tell Mom to make more and forward us the recipes..pilay palad kabalo na ko mo luto..!