Jan 3, 2006

It was nice.

We spent the last hours of 2005 at a friend's house. For the first time, tayo-tayo lang was just that, a few people. 4 other couple showed up, kids in tow. M had a blast playing with the other kids, G wasn't so bored since the husbands were there, too and me, it felt like I was back in PI, even if it was just for a few hours.

We ate, drank, and sang to our hearts' content. I got 100 on 2 songs. YIPEE!!!(babaw) On one song though, Shaun, Nelly's husband was saying, "Hey, I helped you with that one." Shaun, he speaks Tagalog! It's so funny listening to him. He even sang a couple of Tagalog songs. Anak & something by Jessa Zaragoza (hahaha!!) Something that goes "parang di ko kaya yata" I forgot the rest of the lyrics. Oh, I just remembered the title "Bakit pa?" And then he was telling G about the old wive's tales back home, like saying "tabi tabi po". He knows about the ahas in Robinson's and how Alice Dixson got paid however much money because she saw the ahas. hahahaha. It's so funny hearing these stories from the perspective of foreigners.

Yeah, it was a pretty good ending to a good year.

No comments: