Jan 1, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm finding myself contemplating about what I've become versus what I wanted to be. Yeah, not quite the same. I wanted to be a lot of things, do a lot of things, and learn a lot of things. I sound like an over-achiever whatever. So, in honor of my past self I will try to accomplish some of these.

The list
1. Learn to scuba dive
2. Own a motorbike
3. Learn to ride a horse
4. Parasail
5. Hot air ballooning
6. master every weapon known to man
7. multi-lingual
8. travel the world
9. go to the great barrier
10. drive really, really fast
11. off-roading
12. mountain climbing
13. martial art expert
14. painter or photographer
15. piano
16. violin
17. sail around the world
18. learn survival skills
19. learn to read lips & hands
20. fly a plane

Back then, there were a lot of things hindering my wants in life, money, time & of course parental consent (I think my mom would have a problem with #6). But now my life is my own, well not quite. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do all these things so I will modify.

Let's see:
1. Learn to scuba dive - not this year maybe on my next visit to Davao. I did snorkel last time with A & M and it was fun. Yeah, maybe next time.

2. Own a motorbike - another one that will not happen this year. It is not just practical.

3. Learn to ride a horse - maybe Meg will do this for me instead, I wouldn't mind just trying it out, though.

4. Parasail - some other time. (I'm beginning to see a pattern here).

5. Hot air balloning - too expensive. Maybe on our 10th year anniversary we'll do something like this.

6. Master every weapon known to man - ok, this is not happening, I'm changing it to know selfdefense.

7. Multi-lingual - I'm bi-lingual right now so if I ever learn french & spanish then I can call myself multi.

8. Travel the world - maybe not the world but I can say I've been to 3 continents, that's not bad.

9. Go to the great barrier reef - maybe on our 10th year anniversary, we can do this along with hot air balloning.

10. Drive really, really fast - I think I wanted to be a racecar driver back then, I'll be happy if I can go-karting instead.

11. Off-roading - wow! I have 1 in my list that I have actually done.

12. Mountain climbing - I have done a little back in Cali but it's not really a roughing-it-type mountain climbing.

13. Martial art express - see #6.

14. Painter or photographer - I'm doing some sketching right now. I'm improving I'm no Macky, though. I know there's a photography class offered here maybe I can do that.

15. Piano - can I still do this? Am I too old?

16. Violin - see above.

17. Sail around the world - what am I thinking! I don't see this happening in the near future.

18. Learn survival skills - oh, I still want to do this one. How do I do this, though?

19. Learn to read lips & hands - another thing that I still want to do.

20. Fly a plane - I still want to do this. Back in Cali, I found a place for this but it was too expensive.

So, for my new year's resolution - learn a new skill and do something I haven't done before.

No comments: