Feb 1, 2005

I'm constantly at battle with my weight. It started back in 3rd year HS, after a 4-month stay in Manila (I blame those midnight runs to the sari-sari store, snacking on chippy & coke - maybe I should sue coke!). I did the fruit diet, eating nothing but fruits. The first 3 days, eat only pineapple, it's suppose to clean your system and then when you have reached your goal (mine back then was 5 pounds), slowly introduce other foods back into your diet.

In 2nd year college, I took those fiber tablets. For the life of me, I can't remember what it's called. I did my sit ups at night, crunches wasn't in then. I've always been lower-body heavy, meaning my thighs are thunderous and my hips are as wide as a ship, so my line of thinking then is to taper my waistline. Later on in my college life, I didn't care.

When I first moved to US, I did cycling in the morning and those video workouts. I was deathly afraid of gaining weight like what happens to most of us pinoys in the US. And then I lived alone, 2nd time in my life that I didn't care about my weight. I had no choice. I didn't know how to cook then and eating alone is just ...

I joined the US Air Force and when I got done with the boot camp I was in my IDEAL size. Maybe I should do it again? NAH!

Then, the pregnancy. I didn't gain the weight during pregnancy, it was after that I did. That was 6 years ago. I must have lost 75 pounds, collectively all these years and unfortunately, I must have gained the same amount. I'm yoyo-ing.

And so here I am, at that stage again! This time I blame Davao! I came home and my pants won't fit. Sure, if I suck my tummy in and not exhale for the rest of the day, they fit. Long story short, I'm doing the detox thing again and probably healthy choice diet and I don't know what else.

Wish me luck!

No comments: