Aug 18, 2006

Blame it on Aymone.

She got me hooked (in a good way, I think). Project Runway. I am so inspired with what these people can do with a yard of fabric. Well, maybe more than a yard but you get my drift.

I've been sewing since maybe college but it was mostly drapes, throw pillows and lately bed skirts. They're cost effective and I get exactly what I want. I've never tried sewing clothes though it seems too daunting. All that changed when I started watching Project Runway. I started thinking maybe I should try it. I have to start simple though.

Not too long after, an opportunity presented itself. The local fabric store had a sale on patterns, 99 cents per pattern. I figured, if I mess this up I didn't waste a lot of money. I choose a very simple pattern for Megan. It was for a sundress but I intended it to be a night dress for her.

It's not much, but she likes it. I made 3. I chose fabrics that are soft. This is actually a size bigger. I'm happy with how it came out, I'll try sewing skirts next.

I made this one, too. I like the pattern and the colors (this is the inspiration for the blog's colors). I decided to sew a messenger bag for Megan. She uses it for school.

5 comments:

Macphisto said...

galing galing naman. that's a really cute bag ha. o ayan, you know na what to do when meg's in school.

Macphisto said...

oh i remember that bag you made when i was in high school. you used what was left of the curtain that mom made, remember? yung parang gingham print, colors were kinda dark sage-y and muted peachy, makes sense?
anyhoo, i was using that bag and invited my friends over the house. they were laughing cos my bag was same as the curtain, mga bwiset talaga!!!

Macphisto said...

oops, this is my third comment. lagyan mo ng belt or bow sa sides ng waist para mas cute yung dress, even if it's pambahay lang, hehehe.

mitzi said...

hahaha... i do remember that bag, that was cute. which reminds me, i made one for bonbon, it was one of his jeans, we cut off the legs, sewed it at the bottom, used left-over for the strap, it was really cool. i'll look around for bows, you're right, it should look way better.

Anonymous said...

apply ka na for project runway 4!