Jul 26, 2005

My arms are all scratched-up!

Thanks to the doll house I've been building for M. And I have a splinter in my right middle finger. It hurts when I bend it so I'm typing with my other 9 fingers. Why is it that really minor injuries hurt as much as a major injury! OK, that's exaggerated but this splinter is making normal chores difficult. And, it's so small, I can't see it and take it out. Argh!

Back in the old days when I was still working, one of the things that ALWAYS happen to me is ... paper cut. I HATE PAPER CUTS! I'd rather get cut by a knife than a paper. I don't see how an almost invisible cut hurts so much. And if it happens to be in my finger, I don't use that finger when I wash my hair. Reason being, a strand of hair always manages to slide into that almost-invisible-cut. Awwww.

I hate being in any kind of pain, no matter how big or small. If I stub my toe I would scream like a whole house fell on my toe. I don't know why. Maybe the screaming helps ease the pain. OR, maybe I'm just a big baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

paper cuts? oh man, you would hate to be me. when i worked in the bank, i get those a lot. and don't forget the mother of all paper cuts: in my cornea, remember that? oh the suffering! even megan wanted to console me "are you ok? it's ok, we'll fix it." and to this day, my eye gets so dry because of that silly paper cut.

Anonymous said...

oh, i want to see that dollhouse. post a pic.