Jul 19, 2005

The Contest

Discovered this feature in Magic Sing yesterday.

It chooses 3 random songs for you and you go head to head with each other. So, yesterday, mom and I tried it. First up was me and the first song was No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley. I got a 92. Mom's first song was Wind of Change by Scorpions. She doesn't know the song but still managed to get a 92. My next song was Merry Christmas Darling by Carpenters, the chorus is familiar and I got a 93, again. Mom's next song was Love Me Tender by Elvis Prestley, she got a 94. Mom's on the lead now by a point. My last song was Under My Thumb by Rolling Stones.

Since we were using the Amateur scoring, it's not that difficult to get good scores. All you really need to do is keep up with it. It doesn't really matter how off-key you are. I got a 98, I'm thinking, yeah, I'm gonna win. Mom's last song was I Will Survive, mom was groaning and I was laughing. First I was afraid, I was petrified... Oh, by the way, it has a real-time scoring, meaning you can see your score as your singing and mom was hitting the 100. I'm like, NOOOO!!!! But as she got to the fast part she was basically just mumbling the song and she was still getting 100. Finally, she took a breath and her score went down to 99. Her final score was 99.

My mom beat me at karaoke!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys are really having fun with that magic sing ah

mitzi said...

talaga, lingaw masyado! paos na kami ni mommy

Anonymous said...

Hi xie, As you are probably aware, there are so many junk filled blogs. As I was searching for firesale related information today, it was a nice break from the 'usual' to come across your blog. I am happy I searched for ##LINK"" related ideas today. Thanks.