Mar 21, 2006

verdict

The verdict is in. Finally, Gary got his orders yesterday. We have a new assignment. It's not in the east or in the west nor is it in the south or the north. Give up? It's right smack in the middle of good ole US of A. Nebraska. Yep, we're going to Nebraska. Never in a million years did I think that I will call Nebraska home but home it will be for us, at least for 2 years.

When I asked Gary how long we'll be there he said, "There's a saying, Once you get Offutt (that's the name of the base), you'll never get off it." So, yeah, we're not too excited about this move. We made a list of the pros to get us psyched about it.

1. We can afford to buy a decent house.
2. If we buy a house, we can finally have a dog.
3. It has 8 bordering states that we can explore.
4. It has an aeroclub, maybe I can learn to fly. It costs $4000.

That's all we got so far.

schedule

Mom has left a couple of offline messages, what time are you online? Sis asked where the hell I've been. I'm still here. I just a have a new schedule and I'm not in front of the computer as much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAAAAAAT!!!
i checked right away where nebraska is. yikes!!!!

mitzi said...

So, you guys coming to visit us? I won't blame you if you don't want to.