Sep 21, 2006

I find humor when I take things literally.

Gary is an endless source of funny terms. Catching a plane, launching a plane and such. Whenever he talks about catching a plane, I say something like, "was it heavy?" or "you guys must be really strong".

Another source are street signs. "Slow children at play" or "Slow children crossing", whenever I see this sign, I have a vision in my head of children playing in slow motion.

In England, I see this one a lot, "Heavy plant crossing". My translation, a fat tree crossing the road. Hahaha. But the one that got me really bawling was this "Humped Zebra Crossing."

Gary doesn't think these are funny. I think it's hilarious and apparently Meg does, too. Gary was grilling ribs and corn and the ribs didn't came out great, he made a comment that he was afraid of the corn. I think he meant he was afraid "for" the corn. I made an exaggerated surprised face and said, "Were they gonna get you?" and Megan chimed in with, "We're gonna get ya, we're gonna get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

slow children at play - poor kids, why make fun of their IQ?