May 27, 2006

Yipee! I'm online.

So much has happened since I last posted. We're finally here in Nebraska and we are pleasantly surprised! It's actually really nice here. Not what I expected but before I get into that I want to write about our last days in England.

First, our last week in our house, the weather was great! It was nice and warm. After school, Megan would do her homework and then she'd head out to play with the neighbors. She had fun. Our last Friday, Cayden's dad blew up their wading pool, Keely let Megan borrow one of her swimsuits so she can join in the fun. Then, the kids started a water fight. Pretty soon Gary and Cayden's dad were doing a full water battle involving the biggest pot they could find the kitchen.

Saturday, we had planned a going-away party for Megan. We rented a bouncy castle and that was a whole bunch of fun. Sunday, Mother's Day, we just chilled. Monday, we spent the whole day preparing for our final inspection. Then, it was time to check in to billeting (the base hotel). Man, that place was really nice. It's like a one-bedroom apartment and it was huge! Our neighbor said that they stayed in billeting for almost 3 months and they wouldn't mind staying there for 3 years and when I was the new billeting, I understood. We stayed there for 4 days. Friday, we got on the bus that will take us to the airport.

On our way, I tried to keep my eyes open even though it was 5 in the morning. I wanted that last look. At one point, I looked at Megan and saw how much she had grown from when we got here.

UK was definitely a good experience for us and we are very happy that we got a chance to live there.

No comments: