Jul 4, 2007

There are 3 things you can do in napa...
*wine-tasting
*shopping
*picture-taking

We decided to do #3 today. But what was supposed to be a relaxing drive around napa, taking photos, turned to an adventure. We headed out around 10. I decided to take 12 to Sonoma instead of 29 to Napa. First stop, Art and Nature Center (forgot the name), didn't even get to the desk, they had a sign, no pets allowed. 2nd stop, winery, no pets allowed. 3rd stop, once again, no pets allowed. I'm beginning to see a pattern here so we decided to just go home and come back another day without Buddy.

Instead of going home, I called Aymone for direction to the dog park. So, we took Old Sonoma Rd to 29, missed a turn, got to downtown Napa and found 29. Somehow, I didn't find the dog park before I knew it we were driving on a winding road at 25 mph, uphill. "Mom, we're lost", Megan would say and I'd reply, "No, we're not. We're still in CA, so we're not lost. Besides, this is fun." Finally, we started going downhill. 12% down grade... pretty steep. Then, I was at 12 again, ended up in Santa Rosa.

It was time to go home. I was pretty confident that I would get home no problem. Boy, was I wrong, missed another turn and ended up in Vallejo. It was a lot of fun and we saw a lot of great houses. Total driving time... 6 hours.

No comments: